Monday, April 2, 2012

Interlude 1

  The clouds here in Ecuador, I believe they have personality.  I´m pretty sure they´re default state is sneaky. These clouds are the epitome of sly. Turn your back for maybe an instant and whoosh! they´ve surrounded the valley or city like a band of silent ninjas. Maybe its because we´re up higher to the sky here, but I like the clouds here, I feel a bit more connected to them. Although they obscure vistas at just the wrong times, they´ve got spunk. Without the sneaky clouds here in Ecuador, it just wouldn´t feel quite as magical.

(A glimpse of those sneaky clouds and the valley of the giants)


  Also I feel like I could have called my blog ¨In the Valley of the Giants¨ since this country is brimming with valleys and mountains which just dwarf you so entirely. You know that scene in Jurassic Park, when they first arrive on the island and are just in utter awe of both the tropical locale and the colossal creatures running around? Driving through Ecuador feels like that almost continuously. Every time we go some place or see something one of us will say ¨We should just stay here. It can´t possibly get any better than this.¨  But it does get better or rather our amazement has yet to run dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment